cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G540 trouble with transfer ink for tattoo stencils

dreeeeami
Apprentice

I bought a canon pixma g540 printer today

I bought it to fill it with stencil ink and print tattoo stencils, it’s a common thing in a tattoo community 

I cleaned the print head cartridges of color ink.

I filled the black ink tank with my transfer ink. But the printer won't print with my ink. What do i do?

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi there! We want to let you know that we haven't tested any inks in our printers other than Genuine Canon Inks, so we can't guarantee any third-party inks will work, or if they'll damage the internal workings of your printer. 

You're welcome to talk about this with the Community, but Canon can't offer any official support.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I want to figure out how to get the printer to take ink from the stencil ink ( black tank).

normadel
Authority
Authority

Who is the ink manufacturer/supplier? Do they offer any support for their product, like being able to tell you what printers it works in?

RogerMars
Apprentice

It's a bit frustrating when the printer doesn't cooperate, though. Here's a suggestion: make sure the transfer ink you're using is compatible with your printer model. Some printers can be a bit picky about the type of ink they accept. Also, double-check if there's any specific setting or calibration needed for transferring ink in your printer's manual.I've been thinking of getting a tattoo myself, but I'm in a dilemma about the style and design. I found this website, https://tattoorate.com/, which offers a ton of ideas and insights on various tattoo styles.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements