cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXIE MG6320 Any way around having to select USB during scan? Seems Seems silly if only computer

JerryCic
Apprentice

Hi

PIXIE MG6320. USB Connection Only.

If I want to scan to email from printer I have to jump through hoops.

1) I press scan on the LCD. I get the Auto Scan screen and the USB is already on the bottom.

2) I have to press the USB on the bottom to get the "select save location" screen

3) I select "Attach to email"

4) I then have to re-select the USB Option.

5) I then now can press the start/color button.

Question 1.  - Best Option

Can I set the defaults such that all I got to do is touch "scan" and then press the "Start/Color" and it will automatically choose email attachment and to the USB PC?

Question 2. - Next best option.

Can I set it up so that when I touch the scan, it comes up to the "select save location" screen?

Question 2a.

Can I eliminate the need to select the USB Connection at all. (maybe disable the network connectivity)?

Thank you

Jerry C 

1 REPLY 1

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi Jerry C!

I am sorry that you need to need to select USB connection each time you wish to scan from the operation panel.  Actually, this would be the case if you use the operation panel to perform your scan.  What you could do is use your computer so you do not have to go through this procedure.  Please perform the following to do this:

1.  Start MP Navigator EX.

MP Navigator EX is compatible with the following e-mail software programs:

- Windows Mail (Windows Vista)

- Outlook Express (Windows XP)

- Microsoft Outlook

(If an e-mail software program does not operate properly, check that the program's MAPI is enabled. To enable MAPI, refer to the manual of the e-mail software program.)

1.  Scan documents into MP Navigator EX and save them, then open the View & Use window from the Navigation Mode screen and select images.

1. Click Send, then click Attach to E-mailon the list.
    figure: View & Use window

2. Set save options as required.  Specify the destination folder and file name.
    figure: Send via E-mail dialog box
    Important
    • You can select a compression type when sending JPEG images via e-mail. Click Set... to open a dialog box and select High(Low Compression), Standard or Low(High Compression).
  3. Click OK.  Files are saved according to the settings, and the e-mail software program starts.

1. Specify the recipient, enter the subject and message, then send e-mail.  For details, refer to the manual of the e-mail software program.
Announcements