cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only prints oncle

Sandi-C
Apprentice

Pixma TR8520 prints after delay and cannot print again due to sign on screen "printing ..." If I press stop, it says "Processing ... please wait momentarily" Unplugging the printer makes the message go away, but my computer still says the printer is printing and will not cancel. Other print jobs just stack up while waiting. No error code, just waiting! Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As suggested, I called Canon and talked with John. He had me restart the Print Spooler and the printer works! I am thrilled!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Sandi-C,

Please provide the following:

The OS you are running (Windows / MAC) What OS version?

A picture of the, "sign on screen "printing ..." ".  We need to see this image please.  A simple print screen will suffice.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for taking this on. Do I need to return the printer? exchange it? My friend loves hers, but one print won't work for me, and after back surgery, unplugging it for more than an hour every time I print is too painful. Is there something I can do?

I'm attaching the screen prints to show the problem. After printing, the top screen shows "Printing ..." (can be for hours). After pressing the Stop button the second screen shows "Processing... Please wait momentarily." (also can be hours). The 3rd screenprint is what my computer shows, even if I unplug the printer (until I reboot my computer). The 4th screenprint shows how the print jobs stack up ... waiting ...

The 5th has only happened the last 3-4 times I've tried to print. The panel is flared out and the paper output tray is as far out as it will go, so the error is bogus. I have to press OK several times and then I can get the first and only print. Any clues?19-NovCanonIssue-upload.jpg

Hi Sandi-C.

About how far is the printer from the router?  They should be at least two feet apart, while optimally being in the same room.  If the printer and router are too far apart, or if the wifi signal strength or link quality are too low (under ~ 70%), then the printer may produce simple print jobs with not much color or text without issue, while multipage or complicated single pages may become hung in transit. You can verify the printer's signal strength and link quality by tapping the wifi icon on the printer's Home screen, and swiping upward to scroll down its network information.

If this is a new development, try unplugging or moving any electronic or electrical devices that have recently been added near or between the printer and router.  If the printer and router are in separate rooms, ensure any doors are open, or move the printer to the same room as the router.

Regarding the 1240 error shown in the last image, try lifting the paper output tray slightly and pulling it further out.  Sometimes it may become caught on the front edge of the paper cassette, and lifting it allows it to extend fully.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No, this was not a solution. The printer is 6' from the router with a 76% strength. It is replacing another wireless printer so the distance and strength shouldn't be a problem for a Canon printer. The quality of the printing is not in question. It is wonderful when it works.

Short of pulling the output tray out of the printer, it is fully extended. Thank you for trying.

I'm sorry there doesn't seem to be an answer to the problem, and hope Canon stands by its product and will fix it or replace it.

As suggested, I called Canon and talked with John. He had me restart the Print Spooler and the printer works! I am thrilled!

Announcements