cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS is win 7. I set up my PIXMA MX479 to my router.It will not print. says offline

grabon
Apprentice

When I try to print wirelessly to my PIXMA MX479, It says the printer is offline. If I connect a USB cable from the computer to the printer, it prints fine. HELP?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi grabon,

Uninstalling the network port and printer driver and reinstalling them will resolve this issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Put the PIXMA MX472's CDROM in the CDROM drive.  If the welcome screen appears, exit it. 

2.  Click on Start and then Run.  If Run is not in your Start menu, please follow these steps to add it:

2-1.  Click Start.

2-2.  Right click the Start menu and left click on Properties.

2-3.  Click on the Customize button next to 'Start Menu'.

2-4.  In the Customize Start Menu window, place a checkmark next to 'Run Command'.

2-5.  Click OK in the Customize Start Menu window.

2-6.  Click OK in the Properties window.

3.  Click Browse.  In the Browse window, click on "Computer".

4.  Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM. 

5.  Double click the folder named WIN.

6.  Double click the folder named Driver.

7.  Double click the folder named DrvSetup.

8.  Double click the file named DELDRV.  If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 7, please double click DELDRV64.

9.  In the Run box click OK.

10.  Follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver.

Once complete, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start and then Run.

2.  Click Browse.  In the Browse window, click on "Computer".

3.  Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM. 

4.  Double click the folder named WIN.

5.  Double click the folder named Driver.

6.  Double click the folder named LAN.

7.  Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe

8.  In the Run box click OK.

9.  Follow the prompts to uninstall.

Once complete, restart the computer.

To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:

1.  Press the <Setup> button on your PIXMA MX472.

2.  Use the left or right button to select Device Settings and press <OK>.

3.  Use the left or right button to select LAN Settings and press <OK>.

4.  Use the left or right button to select Wireless LAN Setup and press <OK>.

5.  Use the left or right button to select Standard Setup and press <OK>

6.  Enter your WEP key and press <OK>.  Please verify the WEP, as it is case sensitive and if entered incorrectly, will cause the printer and router to not communicate.  To switch between letters and numbers, press the * key.

7.  Press <OK> on the confirmation screen.  The PIXMA MX472 will search for the access point.

8.  When found, press <OK> on the Connected to the access point screen.

9.  Take out and then reinsert the CDROM that came with the PIXMA MX472.  The setup program will start automatically.

10.  If the Autoplay screen appears, click Run and then Continue.

11.  Click on Easy Install.

12.  When the Easy Install screen appears, click Install and then "Use the printer with wireless LAN connection" and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

For additional assistance, there are guides that can be viewed by following this link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_MX472?se...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tasha85
Apprentice

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? Mine is doing the same thing.

Hello.

If you continue to have difficulties, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements