cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Install MX-922 Drivers to New Computer

bhelin
Contributor

I recently purchased a new Dell Vostro 5890 Desktop computer.  I am attempting to install the drivers for my Canon MX-922 printer, but am unsuccessful after many tries.  Each time I get an error message:  “Caution!  Cannot detect the printer.  Check that the printer is on and that the cable is connected.  If the printer has not been detected even though connected, disconnect the cable from the printer and then reconnect it.”

When I disconnect and reconnect the USB cable at the printer, the computer does the normal “beeps,” but the drivers do not install.  (The printer is turned ON.)

Need some help to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bhelin
Contributor

Issue resolved!  In Windows 10, I went to “Settings,” “Devices,” and “Printers & Scanners.” I clicked “Add a printer or scanner.”  Although it took a bit of time, Windows was able to detect my MX-922 printer and retrieved the drivers.  In the Printers & Scanners page, it lists the “Canon MX920 series Printer.”  I’ve successfully tried printing and scanning, and it appears to be working properly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

bhelin
Contributor

Issue resolved!  In Windows 10, I went to “Settings,” “Devices,” and “Printers & Scanners.” I clicked “Add a printer or scanner.”  Although it took a bit of time, Windows was able to detect my MX-922 printer and retrieved the drivers.  In the Printers & Scanners page, it lists the “Canon MX920 series Printer.”  I’ve successfully tried printing and scanning, and it appears to be working properly.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements