cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Scan Function

jsk53
Contributor

Hi,

I just bought and installed a Canon Pixma MG7720 All In One printter. Works great except I'm having an issue with the scan function. I have this set up as a dedicated printer via USB cable to my main desktop PC using Windows 10 Pro. I do not have it set up as wifi or Lan.  With Adobe Acrobat, I can easily scan a document or image into that program and create .pdf files.  

My problem is if I want to scan directly from the printer on import into Photoshop CC. When I place a photo on the scanner and press the scan button on the printer, I get the dialog asking to PC or Email, I select PC USB Local press scan and nothing happens. When I launch Image Garden, the scan function is grayed out and there is no scan listed in the selection box on the left panel like is shown in the manual. 

When I try scanning into Photoshop using import, I get the printer listed and when I select it, Photoshop can't find the scanner.

Obviously the scanner works as I have no issue with Adobe Acrobat. There is just no scan function direct from the machine or other WIA software.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jsk53,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try using the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer.  Are you able to scan with the program or does an error occur?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply. The IJ Scan Utility works fine. Also scanning from Adobe Acrobat works fine. What doesn't seem to work is scanning onto a DVD in Image Garden, I get a No Driver Found message, I also get no scan function when pressing Scan on the printer. It gives me a screen to choose USB Local which I do, the nothing happens and I get the same message again. Also, and most important, I cannot import from the scanner into Photoshop CC. The program sees the printer and when I click to scan from it, I get a message that Photoshop is connecting to the scanner, then it just sits there and it can't connect. 

Clearly the drivers are in place as IJ Scan Utility works as does Acrobat. It's the other scan functions that seem to not work correctly.

Jeff

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jsk53,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Announcements