cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New printer will not print from computer, even with brand new connection cord.

jvhdg64
Apprentice

What more can we do?  It will print the test page, and it will print doing a scan page from the printer.  Otherwise it does nothing.  It will not even say there is something to be printed.

Vera

7 REPLIES 7

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello jvhdg64!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model printer you have (PIXMA MX922, SELPHY CP900, PIXMA Pro-100, etc.) and your computer operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X). That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I purchased the Canon Pixma MG2520 today. All I can get it to do is scan and print a page. Tried removing and reinstalling software, still no luck. New USB cord also. Using Windows 7/64bit.

It is a PIXMA MG2520, and my operating system is Windows Vista.

My husband just took this printer over and connected it to our lap top, and it prints fine.  So, I am guessing it is within my computer.  Is something turned off that should be on?  I am not a tech, so I have no idea.  Just know I need a printer that will print from my computer.

jmiller376
Apprentice

Having the same problem!

Ramona
Authority

Hi jvhdg64 and jmiller376,

I would like to see if your printer is showing up at all in the Device Manager on your computer. This will tell us if the printer is at least being seen when connected via USB.  To do this, please follow these steps:

For Windows Vista

1. With the printer and USB cable plugged in and turned on, please go to your Start Menu, then right-click over the 'COMPUTER' icon, then select PROPERTIES.

2. In the Properties window, please click on 'DEVICE MANAGER', then proceed to the "Once in Device Manager" section below.  

For Windows 7

Click on your START button and in the START SEARCH box, please enter DEVICE MANAGER and then press ENTER on your keyboard.  The DEVICE MANAGER window should open; please proceed to the "Once in Device Manager" section below.  

Once in Device Manager

1.  In the Device Manager window, scroll down to near the bottom of the window and find the section named 'UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS'.

2.  If that area is not expanded already, please double-click on 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' to expand the area.

3.  Examine the contents listed below; do you see a listing for 'USB PRINTING SUPPORT'?

3-1. If so, the computer is at least seeing the printer. Does 'USB Printing Support' have an exclamation mark, question mark, or other symbol next to it?

3-2. If not, then check to see if there is anything listed under a section above named 'OTHER DEVICES' or 'UNKNOWN DEVICES'. If there is, what is listed there?

Also, are you installing the printer using the installation CD, or the drivers from the Canon USA website?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am sure that the problem is not at the printer, but sure at the computer, so try to use the printer on another computer, I hope you luck

Announcements