cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help connecting my Canon MP620 printer to recently acquired HP computer.

DouglasHilby
Apprentice

8 REPLIES 8

Mike

Hi DouglasHilby!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the operating system on your computer. Any other details about how you are trying to connect (wireless or with a cable) and what you've done so far that you can give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here: https://canon.us/MyCanonAccount

Thanks! 

If you could also specify which Canon printer model you've got, we'd appreciate that.  To date, Canon USA has produced three printer models with the number 620 in their model names, specifically the PIXMA G620, the PIXMA MP620 (and PIXMA MP620B), and the BJC-620.  Please let us know if it's one of these or something else.

Thanks for the quick reply. My printer is a PIXMA MP620 series. I used the Setup CD Rom to install the program but when I attempt to print I receive the 'Printer not responding' message. 

My computer is an HP M01-F3224  with an AMD Ryzen 5-5600g processor. My printer is a PIXMA MP 620 series. I use the setup printer ROM to install the program.  When I attempt to,print I receive the message 'Printer not responding' 

I trust this sufficient information and thank you for the fast response

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MP 620 (if this is the model you own) is a 16 yr old printer and does not appear to be a model intended for sale in the US.  

https://www.canon.no/support/consumer/products/printers/pixma/mp-series/pixma-mp620.html?type=manual...

Depending on your operating system(?), you may have difficulty finding drivers for it.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

My printer is PIXMA MP620 series. Sorry I should have given more specific information. Thanks for your reply.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

What version of Windows is running on your HP?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Windows 11   Computer AMD Ryzen 5-5600g processor. Desk top  M01-F3224

Announcements