cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Suggestion!! Is the PIXMA G650 a Good Printer for a Hospital?

ridhisharma
Apprentice

Hi everyone,
I’m exploring printer options for a hospital and am considering the Canon PIXMA G650. It would be used for printing medical reports, patient forms, and other essential documents. I’ve read that it offers good print quality, but I’m wondering if it’s the right choice for a healthcare environment.

I’d really appreciate any insights or recommendations from those with experience in this area! Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Considering the intended use, I would not recommend an inkjet for this type of business.

I would suggest a laser printer for this environment.  Canon makes several models.  Color, black and white and ones that have scanning capability If you need it.  This might come in handy for patients insurance cards and making quick copies of doctor's orders.

You'll want to look at the duty cycle and make sure you buy a model that will support the average or typical number of pages you plan to print on a monthly basis.  

Toner is a better option and more economical than ink, even for a smaller department.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements