cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MX 922 does not scan. My printer is connected via cable. Wireless doesn't work either.

BBBoomerWI
Apprentice

My Canon MX 922 does not scan. My printer is connected via cable. Wireless doesn't work either.  I get an error message with multiple suggestions but none of them apply to my situation.

I am so dissatisfied with this printer.  I'm sorry I got it from Amazon because now it is a hassle to return it.  I will never buy another Canon.

The printer menus are confusing.  I hate using it.  I loved my previous Canon which finally stopped working after many years, that's why I purchased a newer Canon model.  Never again.  Stick with cameras.

Marcy Hotz

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Marcy!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (Windows or Mac OS X version), and the applications which you're using to scan. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

This note won't be as angry and frustrated as the last one...

Because I still had my old printer drivers and other applications on my hard drive, I think the application was trying to connect with the old printer.  I deleted all the old stuff.

I also had several scanning applications on my drive which just confused me.

When I used the actual Canon MX922 application, I was able to scan but could only save as JPG, TIF or BMP (and one more, I forget which).  So I did some research on the Canon site and found out how to save documents as PDF files using the Canon IJ Scan Utility.

It works now.  So I'm satisfied, will keep this maching.  I just had to take some time, sit down and focus on the problem.

Announcements