cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mp drivers will not install for mx430 printer getting turn printer on

craigkornacki
Apprentice
Tried installing MP driver for Canon MX 437 printer using Canon MP 430 series driver. During installation, I chose wireless option and it said turn printer on. Printer is already powered on. Then it prompted me to use a USB cable but that did not work. What else should I try?
3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi craigkornacki!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x),.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

craigkornacki
Apprentice
Windows 10

Ramona
Authority

Hi craigkornacki,

To try and resolve the installation issue being experienced, if you have any antivirus, firewall or anti-spyware programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to reinstall the printer.  Sometimes these programs can block the detection and successful installation of the printer.  Once the printer is installed successfully, you can re-enable the protection software.  

Should you still experience difficulty installing the printer wirelessly after temporarily disabling the protection software, since the PIXMA MX437 is not a US model printer, we ask that you please contact the Canon company in the country where the printer was purchased for further assistance.  To locate the Canon company for the country where the printer was purchased, please click here, then select the appropriate location.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements