cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mg3520 goes to sleep XP and iPad 2.

Farbnet
Apprentice
Just got an mg3520 specifically for wireless printing to an XP box and iPad. Set up goes fine and both can send print info. After a while, typically within an hour, neither XP box or iPad can print and both can not see the printer. I have to power cycle the printer for the Windows AND Mac devices to see the printer again. Both see it again and then the printer goes off into the tulies shortly after. The ONLY way to get the XP box and/or iPad 2 to see the printer is to power cycle the printer. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

Ebony
Rising Star

Hello Farbnet,

How far away is the printer from your router?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The XP box (now W7) is within a few feet of the printer (and router)and the iPad can be anywhere in the house.   The XP box (now W7) is a wired connection to the local network. . .

Something else to add, my wife was trying to print some coupons a couple of weeks ago and she wound up printing to the HP printer connected to the XP machine.  She didn't realize that the print queue had four print jobs waiting on the Canon printer.  A few hours later, the printer 'woke up' and printed out the coupons!  Smiley Surprised

I'm guessing but I'm beginning to think it may be router related.  It's an older D-link but I'm not ready to upgrade.  LOL!

Announcements