cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 won't print from MacBook Pro

jchauvet
Apprentice

I just set up a brand new MX922 multifunction machine. It is connected to my home wireless network. It scans (and saves the scan to my computer), copies, and prints wirelessly from my iPhone. But it will not print from my computer! The dialog screen on the printer will say "communicating" and/or "printing" and the printer will make a bunch of noise as if it's going to print, but then it either spits out blank pages or prints only the first three or four lines of the document. This is true for any and all programs/document types I try to print from. The printer queue will eventually note: "A communication error has occurred". I've attempted to re-set up everything and have installed the newest drivers from Canon's website. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, jchauvet!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of Mac OS X is running on your MacBook Pro. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for the response. My computer is running macOS Sierra. Just updated a few days ago.

Hi jchauvet,

We recently updated the CUPS driver file for the printer on the Canon USA website, and a newer version may be available since you last updated the drivers; we recommend trying to install the latest CUPS driver available from the webpage for the printer here to see if this will resolve the printing issue being experienced.  

If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative for further assistance by entering your product name and selecting a support method here. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you! All seems to be working now.

Announcements