cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Wont pull paper

decay69
Apprentice

Forgive me if I am short here but I have spent way too much time trying to reolve this problem already. I have seen other similar questions, and maybe this specific one has been addressed many times. Simply put, after a month or so of limited use, the printer will not pull 8.5x11 sheets from the lower tray. I always get the error message. When it used to work it was very iffy regarding pulling the plain sheets of paper from the tray. Now it gives the same message if I try to print a 6x4 photo from the upper cassette. I have tried to make sure the applications are pointing to the correct source and size but it doesnt matter. I uninstalled the drivers and re-installed...no change. I have never had this much trouble with a personal printer in 25 years. How do I get this, the most basic of printing functions ( black and white 8.5x11 on plain office paper) to work? I am using windows 10 fyi.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can resolve this issue.

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the paper is being loaded properly and the feeding issues persist, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having a similar issue. I just got this printer. I have a stamps.com account, and I am trying to print shipping labels with this printer. Stamps.com prints directly from their website, and even though I have the label type set to 8 1/2" x 11" paper, it keeps trying to pull from the upper tray. There is no way for me to switch it to the lower tray, and my labels don't fit in the upper tray. 

I have set the paper size on stamps.com to 8 1/2" x 11", I have paper in the tray (but not too much), the size adjusters in the tray are adjusted perfectly. How can I get this to print from the bottom tray?

I know this sounds stupid, but I wanted to pass along what I think may have been my issue. Taking a fresh look at the situation before calling CS, I finally noticed that the lower tray was not completely in all the way. After fiddling with it, it went in all the way. It seemed to be in by sliding it in normaly, but it still requires a little wiggling and it finally went flush with the housing so it doesnt stick out at all. We will see if this permanently resolves the issue, but I felt it worth passing along. It seems the lower tray is very particular about its alignment. 

Good Luck

click here to view the gallery
Announcements