cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922: Persistant Quality Issues

kamki
Apprentice

My Canon MX922 seems to be incapable of a quality print — and I'm not even trying to print images or anything...

I'm just looking for something good enough to print shipping labels. 

This is the sort of issue I see a lot. Weird wavy lines and incomplete printing: 

IMG_1071.JPG

After running the printer through several cleaning cycles, including a deep clean, the print quality got even worse: 

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

As you can see, my ink levels are not the issue: 

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 3.32.51 PM.png

Can anyone help? This has been a persistant issue in this printer. I've tried numerous things (printing in greyscale, color, turning it on and off and unplugging etc., different machines, different programs). 

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

When ink levels aren't the issue, we suggest performing a nozzle check and one or more cleaning or deep cleaning cycles.

You seem to have done the nozzle check and its faint.

What can cause this:

Low or empty inks

Using 3rd party non-canon brand inks

Clogged printhead

Aging or defective printhead.  They do have a useable life.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I've done multiple cleaning and deep cleaning cycles, and the inks are Canon brand and at least 1/3 full — and I've had this issue with brand new ink cartridges. I've barely used the printer so don't think it's an aging printhead. 

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kamki,

Because the ink tanks contain ink and you have perofrmed multiple cleanings and your PIXMA MX922 still does not print the nozzle check correctly, your PIXMA MX922 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dabawi2
Apprentice

Really terrible printers.  Can't get alignment or the head cleaned.  I use Canon cartridges, and I go though all the cleaning and alignment types.  Both, mine and my son's printers are acting exactly the same.  I even bought a new "head" for one of them and that alignment was not fixed.  I can't print barcodes that the post office can scan either.  Can't imaging both printers require service!! Very low page / print count, most are alignment and cleaning sheets! - I think there is an inherent Design issue with these cheap printers.  DON'T BUY!  No more Canon for me!

normadel
Authority
Authority

Judging by all the MX922 complaints on this forum for everything from installation to print quality, I wouldn't touch one of these with a ten-foot pole. It sounds like this is/was a lemon.

Announcements