cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 printer connection error-printer driver in use

sweetpea04
Apprentice

Connecting MX892 to computer with Windows 8.  No problems until installation begins.  Error message flashes: Printer driver in use.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi sweetpea04,

Downloading and installing the latest Windows 8 drivers from the Canon USA website should resolve the issue you are experiencing.  The following link will take you to the Support and Drivers page for your PIXMA MX892:

PIXMA MX892 Support and Drivers page

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click the MINI MASTER SETUP file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear.  

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, if asked if you wnat to RUN or SAVE the file, please click on SAVE and save the file to your DESKTOP.

4.  Once the file is downloaded to your Desktop, please double-click on it to run the program.

I hope this helps! 

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements