cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX850 "Printer not responding"

jeff390
Apprentice

Hi there,

My shared printer only works immediately after a forced reboot of the printer, and then it usually only works for a very short period.
I have 2x WinXP (32 bit)  laptops connecting wirelessly to a netcomm router. Canon MX850 Pixma is wired to the router via a network cable.
This setup has worked flawlessly for 2 years, but now I can only print after the printer is rebooted (sometimes not even then, and if I'm lucky it only lasts for a short time). All other function of the printer work 100%.
Have tried connecting one PC directly to the router by network cable to try & rule out the wireless component - the problem remains exactly the same wired or wiresless. 

Have tried disabling virus s/w & windows firewall - no effect.

Using latest drivers & have replaced network cables & rebooted everything several times.

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

jeff390
Apprentice

Hi Folks I've posted this twice now & have had no responses. Can anybody suggest what might be causing this? Surely somebody must have some ideas? Please help.

Hi jeff390,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please visit http://www.canon.com and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements