cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX490 Never Ending Cycling/On-Off

Breastplate1
Apprentice

My printer was just fine until around two (2) days ago. It began to turn on and it would do all the usual steps to get ready to print, but then turns off. Now here's the biggie on this one, you will not believe it. I accidentally turn off the "breaker Box" in the room where the printer is located at home while dealing with another situation totally apart from the printer. Anyway, when I did turn the breaker off while having the printer plugged, the printer kicked back into functioning normal. But then I turn it off after it printed perfectly well, and when I turned it back on it went back to its never ending cycling. So, I am turning breaker off and on to be able to use it without turning it off. Recently it turn off by itself, I will try to turn off breaker again to see if it works. I know it sounds crazy, but that's what's working for me.

2 REPLIES 2

Breastplate1
Apprentice

Hello, its me with an update on my Cannon Pixma MX490. Today Sat, June 4th printer has been working just fine provided I don't turn it off ( by the power button). Not being able to turn it off is okay, due to the printer going into a "sleep mode." When I need to use it I just open the paper feed and it goes into the normal function (gets ready to print). If I do turn it off mistakenly, I gotta do the turn off breaker thing while its on the "Never Endind Cycling" process, and then It kicks back in. Now, I do not turn it off. If this process further damages it, I don't know, but in the meantime I will use it.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Canon has provided a permanent solution.  Your model is listed:

Service Notice: Canon Inkjet Printer continuous re... - Canon Community

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements