cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 920 Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond.

inalan
Apprentice

MX 920 less than a year old, and I am not a heavy user, in fact I use it infrequently.

Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer.

I made sure. I also turned it off and unplugged it for a few minutes. didn't help.

I have a MacBook Pro, OS X (10.9.2)

4 REPLIES 4

Ebony
Rising Star

Hello inalan,

To resolve the issue you described, try deleting then re-adding the printer driver.  After confirming that  the printer is powered on, perform the following:

1.  In the Apple menu, open System Preferences.

2.  Open Print and scan.

3.  To add the printer, click the Plus (+) sign.

4.  Select the printer to add, then click 'Add'.

5.  The printer is added.

After the printer driver has been re-added, see if the error still occurs.  If the issue continues to persist, then the driver will need to be uninstalled from the computer.

If you need more immediate assistance, please contact our support group: http://bit.ly/ContactCanon

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have this problem all the time.  I try everything; sometimes it works, but not always.

What I have done temporarily fixes the problem.  Unplug and replug ethernet cable.  Go into preferences and delete Canon 920 printer.  Then add Canon 920 from IJ Printer, not Bonjour.  That should do it.

I totally believe the problem is ATT, because the same problem suddenly happened with my old 920, which I replaced 3 months ago, to find the EXACT SAME PROBLEM.  I have spent 2 hours with Canon Tech Support and found no issues.  ATT denies it is their fault.  

One more thing.  I had to use a direct ethernet cable from WiFi ATT router to the Canon 920.  Wireless did not work.

SOMEONE IS LYING!

See my post on this topic. Marinermac1
Announcements