cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 490 printing problem

cybasmith
Apprentice

My MX 490 will print fine when copies are printed but when printing from my desktop it prints a few lines correctly then slews them somewhat and some words get heavly inked?  I sure can't figure out how to rectify this.  Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cybasmith,

Since it copies with no issue, there may be a issue with the printer driver on the computer. So we can best assist you, please let us know version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer? 

We look forward to your reply.

Thank you for your help.

I'm running Windows 8.1 on my PC

Hi cybasmith,

Please open the control panel on your computer and then select view devices and printers. Once you are in devices and printers, do you see the printer listed as MX490 series WS or just MX490 series?

Note: If this is a time sensitive matter, please contact contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

It only says Canon MX490 series

Hi cybasmith,

I would remove the printer from devices and printers and then open your add & remove program and remove the Canon MP driver. Once both are removed, please restart your computer.

When your computer restarts, please click HERE and download the MX490 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02. After it downloads and you run the installer, please try to print again. Does the issue persist?

Dear ArthurJ

I replied with the information I'm running Windows 8.1.  Did you get that information?

Thank you for your time and help.

e

Announcements