cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP540 not working as a scanner after Windows 10 update

Tincancat
Apprentice

Hello All

I am UK based.  Windows 10 recently updated automatically and now my MP540 series will not function as a scanner.  I have telephoned UK support number and they say no longer any drivers and this is why it is only functioning as a printer rather than a scanner/printer.  Please does any one have any suggestions to fix the problem or is my perfectly functioning pre windows 10 update MP540 destined for the bin/trash?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MP540 was never officially supported by Canon under Windows 10 (any build).  Support was only through W8.1.  If it worked at all, it was only by luck.   

If you are running windows 10, its time for a new printer. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

larryc43230
Enthusiast

The scanning part of my MG5520 printer has also stopped working after the latest Windows 10 update. I've created a separate thread giving the details of my situation.

Can anyone else confirm that the latest Windows 10 update has broken scanning in these printers? Does anyone have a workaround to get scanning working again? Otherwise, I guess we're out of luck.

Larry

Announcements