cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP520 suddenly stops working

karelk
Apprentice

Hi All,

My Canon MP520, which I already have for quite a few years, suddenly does not print anything.

It does all the noises and movements as if it were printing, but only blank pages come out.

The computer nor the printer driver are the problem, because when I do a copy on the printer itself, the printer is trying, but again, no ink comes out. The nozzle check test page also comes out empty.

It appears that all nozzles are blocked at the same time.

However, last time I printed was approximately three weeks ago - but it has been idle for longer times and never had any issues.

I have done normal cleaning (I see the ink levels dropping in the printer status window) and I have done deep cleaning (the ink levels dropped some more), so ink actually can come out.

It hasn't been ridiculously hot, dry or cold lately.

What could have happened? I love this printer; does anyone have any tips to make it print again?

Many thanks,

Karel

2 REPLIES 2

pmercurio
Apprentice

Hello, yes my MP250 has the same problem. It will not print ? Should I get a new Printer ?

Hello.

If the issue persists after cleanings have been done, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements