cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7550 firmware update failed

240glt
Apprentice

My Pixma MG7550 printer/scanner told me today that there is a new firmware available. I could just install it by going to the settings menu, and choose to update firmware. So I did that, and the printer told me by it's display that the update is in progress. After maybe one minute, it suddenly just displays "firmware update failed. Press [OK] to try again." I tried all buttons on the printer, but nothing happened. So I pulled the cord after a while. And now the printer is dead, only the power LED is on, and a red triangle on the right of the front panel! The display is black.

The printer was only connected with Wi-Fi, and is located less than one metre from the access point. Internet connection is fibre, 100Mbit down and 10mbit up.

Tips for how to un-brick my loved printer is very appreciated!

Regards
Kent

5 REPLIES 5

Dactrius_179
Apprentice
Mine is the same. I am not impressed.

Dactrius_179
Apprentice
An answer from Canon would be good. Cm in guys. We have paid good money for these.

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please http://www.canon.com, and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Looks like I got "lucky" updating from 2.0 to 2.010. My update failed - it prompted me to press the "On" button. I then had a blank screen and a flashing power light. Eventually, I pulled the power cord ( warning - this may "brick" your printer - no responsibility accepted for any damage this might cause!) Download and then update continued when power was re-applied. Your experience may be tragically different! Maybe safer to ignore future offers of firmware updates, if the process is so flakey! 

My update failed initially and prompted me to press the "on" button. Removing the power seemed like a very dangerous thing to do, but for me at least, after waiting ages with a blank screen and a flashing power light, it resumed the download from where it left off. Nevertheless, you'd need to be very desperate - this could have just as easily "bricked" the printer. I'm guessing I got lucky maybe because it had still some way to go on the download before applying the update. I went from 2.0 to 2.010, btw.

Announcements