cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 will not stay on

Englishguy24601
Apprentice

My cannon MG7520 printer will turn on and start to go through its normal routine, but then unexpectedly turns off. The power cord has been checked, unplugged and replugged. Same result. Looking for other solutions if there are any.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

94 REPLIES 94

Mine Is a Netgear router.

ladyinred
Contributor

Same thing happened to me yesterday with my MB2320, going into the continuous power cycle.  I found that the only way to be able to use the printer was to hook it directly to my computer with the USB cable, which is not the way I want to use my WIRELESS printer.  So now I can print from computer, but not from any wireless device.  This printer was our home network printer, so now my husband cannot print to it from his computer or laptop.  

KathleenG
Contributor

I have an MG 6620 that is doing the same thing today. We turn it on, it goes through its motions and then just turns off. It just started today

gem66
Contributor

My MG7520 is doing the same thing as everyone has listed above starting yesterday. I figured, as it was out of one of the ink colors, that it was just being cranky. Replaced necessary ink and still no power to stay on. I will try to do the temporary fix and find cord to connect to printer for now. Some sort of feedback from Canon would also be helpful. Their brand will lose a lot of business if this isn't corrected.

JKMac0730
Apprentice

This is soooooo weird!!!! I attempted to turn mine on today, 06-01-22 in order to print an important document and it would run through its initial warm up and flashes all the pretty dashboard lights then the word "Canon" and the Power Light stay illuminated, then it just shuts off with no indication as to why. For it to be happening to SOOOOOOO many of us with the MG7520, I suspect there is a scheme afoot here and Canon has shut all of our printers down to force us to buy a new one. Such as iPhone did recently!!!! has anyone had any luck contacting Canon to get an explanation as to what's going on and how to correct it? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Apparently, the problem has reached at least some portion of the tech media. This article quotes a Canon spokesflak:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/1/23150498/canon-pixma-printer-reboot-loop-mx492-solution

I, too, am in the exact same situation. I discovered this site/thread in a last ditch effort to try and figure out what was wrong with my MG7520 that has been performing flawlessly for years until just the other day when i started getting an improper shutdown notice. WTH is going on....unit was purchased here in Canada. 

heckle01
Apprentice

Just adding my MG7520 to the list of printers that just stopped working yesterday.  Same issue.  Powers down after a few seconds when it's on wifi.  Paused the wifi to the printer using an app for my wifi router and the printer started up normally.  I don't want to connect this thing with a cable and I don't want to pay Canon $19.99 for support, unless they'll take a thimble full of their ink as payment.  Fix this Canon, please.

If you want to use your printer normally until an official “fix” is issued, try this:

After pausing your internet connection:

• Turn on the printer
  • Slide the lcd printer menu to the right and tap setup
  • Tap Web Service setup
  • Tap DNS server setup
  • Tap manual setup
  • Change the value to 192.168.000.199 (write down the old value in case you want to change it back later)
  • press “OK,” and then press “no” for a secondary DNS server.

Power down your printer and reconnect to the internet. Your printer should now function normally.

Thank you!!! I tried what you suggested with a little variation. I powered it up after disconnecting from Wi-Fi and then reset the connection in the printer menu. As if I was setting it up for the first time.  It took two tries but it worked. At least it worked once for something I really needed printed today. Fingers crossed it will work tomorrow. Hope Canon will resolve this. 

Announcements