I just bought a new MacBook M1 Pro and cannot get the MG6220 scanner to work. The printer is connected via WiFi. I have seen threads where it is suggested that disabling IPv6 is the solution. Where and how do I make this change? Is this the best solution?
Any help would be much appreciated.
To disable IPv6, please follow these steps:
1. Press the HOME button on your PIXMA MG6220 one time.
2. Use the down arrow until Setup appears. Press the button under Setup.
3. Use the arrows to select Device settings and press OK.
4. Use the arrows to select LAN settings and press OK.
5. Use the arrows to select Other settings and press OK.
6. Use the arrows to select TCP/IP settings and press OK.
7. Select IPv6 and press OK.
8. Select Enable/Disable IPv6, press OK and then select Disable.
Please note, the PIXMA MG6220 is not supported with macOS v12 (Monterey). You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.
If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM