cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 Powers Off

Oldyellr
Enthusiast

I find in the morning and also sometimes during the day my MG3620 WiFi printer won't print saying it's off line because it has powered off. How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

These articles will probably help:

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : MG3600 series : Managing the Printer Power

Canon Knowledge Base - Turning the MG3620 on or off automatically

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

These articles will probably help:

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : MG3600 series : Managing the Printer Power

Canon Knowledge Base - Turning the MG3620 on or off automatically

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Going by the second link, to turn the machine on automatically I pressed the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashed 14 times, then the Color button. However, the machine eventually turned off anyway. Curiously, with the machine off I was able to print once after some waiting, but not always. Next I tried the ScanGear instructions and found in Preferences that Auto Power would time out at 240 minutes, so I disabled Auto Power Off. Hopefully it now stays on all the time.

(My previous MG3620 had older software without the ScanGear function and stayed on all the time, which is why this new one had me stymied.)

click here to view the gallery
Announcements