The power and alarm lights on my MG2520 printer are flashing alternately - 22 times between pauses. What does this mean? It appears that the color ink cartridge needs to be replaced, but when I open the cover for the cartridge compartment the cartridge doesn't move over to where it can be accessed. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Thanks.
The 22 flash error may be resolved by resetting your PIXMA MG2520. Please follow these steps:
1. With the printer powered on, open the cover. The ink will move to the replacement position.
2. Remove the black ink cartridge.
3. Remove the color ink cartridge.
4. Once both cartridges are removed, with the PIXMA MG2520 on, please unplug the power cord from the back of the unit.
5. Wait 5 minutes and then reconnect the power cord.
6. Turn your PIXMA MG2520 on.
7. Open the cover. The carriage that holds the ink will move to the replacement position.
8. Make sure the orange tape is off of the bottom of the black cartridge.
9. Reinsert the black ink cartridge into your PIXMA MG2520.
10. Make sure the orange tape is off of the bottom of the color cartridge.
11. Reinsert the color ink cartridge into your PIXMA MG2520.
Close the cover. The PIXMA MG2520 should make some noise for a few moments, and then return to standby.
If the error flashes persist, your PIXMA MG2520 would require service. If your PIXMA MG2520 was purchased less than a year ago, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat to obtain your in warranty options. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:
If your PIXMA MG2520 is out of warranty, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.
If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.
12/05/2023: New firmware updates are available.
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.