cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines on paper from PIXMA TR8520 printer

peterglass
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA TR8520 printer. All of a sudden, lines began appearing on the printed paper. Holding a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11" paper vertically, the lines run from side to side.  They seem to appear only on photographs - not on text or other graphics. When printing in color, each line and the space next to each line is about 1/8" thick. Each line is light green in color. The lines and spaces are repeated across the width of the paper, though every other line tapers off before reaching the other side of the paper. 

When printing in B&W, each line is the width of a hair and the space between each line is almost exactly 7/8". The lines and spaces are repeated across the width of the paper. 

I did a cleaning, deep cleaning, roller cleaning, and bottom plate cleaning. When I did a "Print nozzle check pattern" (both before and after doing all the cleanings), the printout was normal.

I have replaced all the ink cartridges with new ones. The same problem occurs with them as it did with the old cartridges. I bought the printer in June 2021. Up until a few days ago, when the problem first started, there had been no printing problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

peterglass
Apprentice
2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi peterglass,

Because there are a few reasons why this may occur, you will have a resolution more quickly if you call or chat with a Technical Support Representative.  To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Or you may use the chat box in the lower right corner of this page:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

peterglass
Apprentice

Thanks, Patrick.

Announcements