cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed MP Navigator 3.1 and got an error message.

Alex_from_GA
Contributor

"The scanner driver supported by this software is not installed.  Install it and retry."  All I'm trying to do is use my Canon MP 495 to scan and save to my computer.  I was informed that all the software to scan was included in MP Navigator.  This is the second time I've installed it with the same results.  I'm installing it from cnet if that makes a difference.

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Alex_from_GA!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm running windows 7 64bit.

You asked for futther information, I gave it and never received an answer to my question.  The main question is "why can't I scan"?  There is no scanner driver; how do I get one?

I received a notification but no answer to my original question.  Doesn't anyone monitor this forumj?

Ramona
Authority

Hi Alex_from_GA,

We recommend installing the latest drivers and software for the printer from the Canon USA website.  The following link will take you to the initial download page for your PIXMA MP495:

PIXMA MP495 Driver and Software page

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click the MP drivers file.  When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear.  Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the MP drivers file, please follow the steps above to also download the MP Navigator program from the Recommended for You section.  To download the rest of the software for the printer, please follow the steps above, except for in Step 2 you will want to click on the red arrow next to the word SOFTWARE to display the software.  

In addition, if you plan on using the printer wirelessly, please ensure that the wireless LAN setting on the printer is enabled.  To do this, press the Maintenance button (looks like a pair of pliers and a screwdriver) repeatedly until the symbol that looks like "G" appears in the LCD, then press the <COLOR> button to enable wireless LAN.  Once the wireless LAN has been enabled, you can download the drivers from the Canon USA website. 

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements