cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink level reset

Countryboyj81
Apprentice
I have a mx490 printer To help my kids out with school someone offered to refill my in cartage for me and now my printer is still saying my cartridge is empty I need some help to reset the ink levels to say the in cartridges full
2 REPLIES 2

incredible26069
Contributor

same issue not help here. i used to use a resetter i bought on ebay for 10 bucks but now i cant find any info on this besides hwo tro dummy the printer into printing while ink is low. it has to be possible cause i used to buy cheap no name refills for the 245xl and they always caem reading s full. please help this person and myself figure this out.

Hello.

Canon USA does not support refilling cartridges, or using non-Canon branded cartridges.

This doesn't mean you can't use non-Canon cartridges or refill your cartridges, it just means our team here at Canon USA doesn't support doing this, we don't have any information on how to do it, and if using non-Canon ink or refilling your ink cartridges damages your printer, it may not be covered under any warranty you might be eligible for otherwise.

If you print in high volumes, you may find using a very cost effective refillable MegaTank printer is something that better meets your needs. Learn more HERE

Announcements