cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620 International ink compatibility

APMarousi
Contributor

Hey folks I have a Pixma TR8620 I moved out of the USA and I can find 281 series ink. Can anybody let me know if there are other compatible inks?? Tia 

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, APMarousi!  In the same way that Canon inkjet printers are region-specific, so too are the ink cartridges.  Your PIXMA TR8620 is specifically designed to use genuine Canon PGI-280 and CLI-281 ink cartridges and we're unable to ensure that ink cartridges meant for other parts of the world will fit or work.  While Canon USA is unable to ship internationally, there may be other US-based Canon authorized dealers who can send you the ink you need.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the reply. I guess I’ll have to see if I can find a place to refill the cartridges I have. 
Danny are you also a tech expert. I created a I tho we conversation on how is doesn’t  open the scanner annymore  and was wondering if you can help with that too. 

I'm only a forum moderator and not actually a technician.  I just happen to know this bit of info about the inks.  If you need immediate help, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi @APMarousi,

I dealt with this extensively during COVID.  The advice I'll provide is not usually popular when someone has gone through the pain of hauling or shipping a device out of the country.  Unless you have someone who can send you the item(s) you need, or have a resource where you are able to secure consumables, the best thing to do is buy a printer intended for sale in the region where you reside.  What this does..  Gives you easy access to consumables.  Gives you access to support.  If the country where you are has different electricity receptacles, you get a product with the correct connection type as well.

If you are returning to the US, you then donate the "foreign" printer to a charity, school or church.  Don't bring it home with you.  The same way lugging or shipping your US device doesn't make good financial sense, plus its not convenient.  The choice is yours of course, but getting ink when you are abroad can be challenging.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements