cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP7240 Can't view printer status

black
Apprentice

Hi.

I'm having a problem where I can't view my printer status nor does pop up when printing like before.

This happened when I removed windows update. prior that it was working fine.

However I installed the latest windows update 1706 16299

printer status worked fine again, but now on PC restart it won't work anymore.

I removed the driver and folders from program files and registry related to the printer.

Did SFC scan now, CC clean up.

Installed latest driver from website and yet won't work.

The only way to get it work is by going to [Control panel> Devices and printers> Printer IP7200> View printer status.

I need to do this every time it request confrim or led blinking which is bothersome.

Is there a way to fix this?

Windows 10 Pro x64 1706 (build 16299)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

black
Apprentice

I managed to get the printer status to work.

Printer driver/software seems to lack administration rights.

The printing program must run as admin in order to view printer status, otherwise it won't.

Most likely this related to one of the security updates that were installed. Preventing printer driver from working.

I hope you guys can update the driver of this series and check why windows won't allow to view printer status without administration right.

Windows 10 Pro x64 1706 build 16299

Updates installed on my windows :

KB4055237

KB4055994

KB4078408

KB4054517

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi there!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click http://global.canon/en.html and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Thank you.
It's sold as IP7220 in the US market with only power adapter difference.
They share the same driver family IP7200

I will try ask from the global where my country is as well.

Hopefully someone here can help with as it's a software related issue not a hardware.

black
Apprentice

I managed to get the printer status to work.

Printer driver/software seems to lack administration rights.

The printing program must run as admin in order to view printer status, otherwise it won't.

Most likely this related to one of the security updates that were installed. Preventing printer driver from working.

I hope you guys can update the driver of this series and check why windows won't allow to view printer status without administration right.

Windows 10 Pro x64 1706 build 16299

Updates installed on my windows :

KB4055237

KB4055994

KB4078408

KB4054517

Thank you.

Announcements