cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reinstall software for MP450 printer

bp22
Apprentice

I recently switched to a new laptop, and while I can print to the MP450 printer, I can no longer create PDFs. I assume this is because the software is not on my new laptop, and I'm pretty sure I'm unable to retrieve it from my previous desktop PC. Is there somewhere I can download the necessary software online, that will enable me to create PDF docs via scanning on the MP450 printer?

6 REPLIES 6

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The MP Navigator program has the ability to scan and save PDF files.  Visit www.usa.canon.com to download the program.

If you have any difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Unfortunately, the download doesn't appear to be available any longer.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I used the "Contact Us" link you had provided in a previous reply in this thread. However, the response was that there was no 'drivers & downloads' data for this printer. The issue for me is that I switched to a laptop, and the software wasn't transferred to the laptop. And the PC is inoperable, so nothing on it is accessible. Looks like it's time for a new printer.

I did find the orig install. CD, but it's not compatible with a 64-bit machine.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bp22,

The MP Navigator EX is available for download from Canon's web site if you are using a compatible operating system.

If you are using Windows 10, the MP Navigator EX will not appear in the downloads because the PIXMA MP450 is not supported with this operating system.

If you would like to try to use the MP Navigator EX on Windows 10, please change the operating system that is listed on the Drivers & Downloads page to Windows 7.  The MP Navigator EX will then appear.  Please note, using the MP Navigator EX with Windows 10 is not supported, trying this is to be done at your own risk.  We would be unable to troubleshoot any issues that you may have attempting to install or use the MP Navigator EX on a Windows 10 computer.

Thanks for your reply. I'm using Windows 8.1. Does your answer still apply, i.e. will MP Navigator EX work for me?

Announcements