cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to protect Canon ink cartridges when storing

canonink
Contributor

Canon MG3620 ink cartridges do not come with snap-on protecters for transporting/storing. Is there a removable tape I can buy similar to the orange tape that the printer came with or?

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you tell us a little more about the need to store cartridges which have been installed?  Here's why I am asking.  Once you remove an operating cartridge from the printer, the printhead could become clogged if a cartridge is not replaced.  Are you transporting the printer or do you plan to store it for an extended period of time?   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I will be leaving this printer for an unknown period of time at a friend's. He will keep it in a closet. Typical interior temps are in the 90's due to his medical condition. I plan to take the cartridges with me so they are not subjected to those hot temps. Does this help?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thank you, that's helpful. Its a $60 device.  If the person where you plan to store it cannot use it, you might consider donating it to a church, school or charity.  Or, store it and evaluate its condition later.  Then see what happens when you put it back into service.  You can try storing the inks in ziplock bags.  The inks are going to lose moisture stored at 90* for an extended period.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I was hoping to find removable tape similar to what the printer ink cartridges came protected with.

Is there a special inkjet cartridge tape I can buy (amazon?) to protect the cartridges while traveling?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

None I'm aware of.  Some have used ziplock bags.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have no idea if this would work.  I still think the ziploc bag is the best idea.

shadowsports_0-1714343575482.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements