cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do duplex scan/copy without having a duplex printer MX 490 series

MidnightNarwhal
Contributor

I find the solution to this for printing, print odd page numbers on one then flip them round and printer the uneven pages. But what about scanning or copying, is there a way to easily manual duplex? I have a PIXMA 492 printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi MidnightNarwhal,

There is program that is installed with the printer called the IJ Scan Utility that can assist you with performing duplex scanning.  To do this, please follow the steps shown here.  To peform duplex copying, you will need to make a copy of the first page of the document, then once the document comes out, turn the page over and feed it back into the printer and copy fhe second page of the document. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi MidnightNarwhal,

There is program that is installed with the printer called the IJ Scan Utility that can assist you with performing duplex scanning.  To do this, please follow the steps shown here.  To peform duplex copying, you will need to make a copy of the first page of the document, then once the document comes out, turn the page over and feed it back into the printer and copy fhe second page of the document. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ok great thanks.

Something else I noticed the page get tilted a little bit. I do adjust the page size sliders. At first it's fine but every page it gets a bit tilted more and more.

Hello again,

Based on what you describe, if you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Ok thanks

Announcements