cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I scan multiple documents to a single pdf from the ADF on my MX922?

sharprone
Apprentice
How do I scan multiple documents to a single pdf from the ADF on my MX922?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Julius
Rising Star

Hello sharprone,

Great question!  You can do this through the My Image Garden software.  The exact procedure will vary depending on the version of Windows or Mac you are using.

If you are having any difficulty locating this software, feel free to visit the link below to let us know your operating system and we can follow-up with step-by-step directions.  Thanks! 

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Julius
Rising Star

Hello sharprone,

Great question!  You can do this through the My Image Garden software.  The exact procedure will vary depending on the version of Windows or Mac you are using.

If you are having any difficulty locating this software, feel free to visit the link below to let us know your operating system and we can follow-up with step-by-step directions.  Thanks! 

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Julius!

Can you post the directions here in the forums so we all can benefit ? THis is a common desired task that is not "intuitive" for the common user, especially if hidden in the software as some obscure option and it is not a visible option on the printer's control panel.

Thanks so much!

Jeff

Hi OK Computer,

To scan a multiple page document with your PIXMA MX922, My Image Garden can be used.  To scan using My Image Garden, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Start menu select All Programs, then Canon Utilities, My Image Garden and the click on My Image Garden.  Or if using a Mac, please open the Applications folder, then Canon Utilities, My Image Garden and the click on My Image Garden to open that program.

2.  Click Scan on the left hand side.

3.  Click the ScanGear icon on the top, towards the right side.

4.  Click on the Advanced Mode tab.

5.  If you are scanning multiple documents, please choose Document (ADF Simplex) or Document (ADF Duplex) for Select Source.

6.  Make any other adjustments as necessary.

7.  Click Scan.

8.  Once complete, please click Save in the lower right hand corner.

9.  Click Browse to specify a location to save your document.

10.  Give the file a descriptive name.

11.  Select PDF or PDF (multiple pages) and then click Save.

Patrick,

I am in deep trouble with my wife.. She has just so so computer skills and has found fault with your instruction, when I told her to follow them to achieve a single PDF document from multiple scans.

After step 7 you should have added step 7.1 " with the Ctrl key down select the documents you want to put into the final PDF file"

This way the program allows you to add multiple pages to the final document..

But that is not the reason I am writing. She also seems to have uncovered a problem with the My Image Garden software, or we don't have the program configured correctly ?

On step 10 of your instruction you said "give the file a descriptive name".

Well we are running your Canon programs on 2 machines. One a Windows XP with all support patches installed and a Windows 8.1 with all of the current fixes as of this writing.

Both machines don't allow us to change the ( File Descriptive name ) in fact, it is grayed out and in the gray area it said "save with the original file name".

We would like to be able to change the file name at this time but don't seem to able to find the setting that allows us to do just that..Can you tell us what we can do to give us the ability to name our file at the time we are saving our multiple PDF document ?

BTW Both machine are using the Canon Quick Menu Version 2.1.0

Please give me some advice

Riceburner1

Hi Riceburner1,

Since you have had difficulty scanning using My Image Garden, you can scan using the IJ Scan Utility program that also comes with the printer.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Place the documents in the ADF or on the platen glass of the printer.

2. Start the IJ Scan Utility.

For Windows 8.1:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows key.

2. Start typing IJ SCAN UTILITY. The search window opens as you type. Once the IJ SCAN UTILITY is displayed, please select and open it, then continue with Step 3 below.

For Windows XP:

1. Go to your START MENU, then select ALL PROGRAMS, then CANON UTILITIES, then the IJ SCAN UTILITY program.

2. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears. Please continue with Step 3 below.

3. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.

4. Click the DOCUMENT SCAN option on the left pane of the window. In the Select Source field of the Scan Options section, select DOCUMENT (ADF/PLATEN) to scan items placed directly on the platen glass, DOCUMENT (ADF SIMPLEX) to perform single-sided scanning from the ADF, or DOCUMENT (ADF DUPLEX) to perform double-sided scanning using the ADF. You can then set the item size, resolution, etc. in the Scan Options section as desired.

5. In the SAVE SETTINGS section of the window, you will select the save format and location of the document you are about to scan.

a.) In the FILE NAME field, specify the name you would like to give the file. By default the filename will begin with IMG; you can remove IMG and change it to whatever you would like to name the file.  Please note that the filename that you give the document here will be the default filename for all items scanned until you change the file name.  If you leave the file name the same in the field, the scanned item will have a sequential number appended to the end of whatever name you give it.

b.) In the DATA FORMAT field, use the drop-down arrow to select the desired option. If you are scanning a multipage document, select the PDF (Multiple Pages) option.

c.) In the SAVE IN field, please navigate to the area where you would like the file to be saved once it is scanned in. By default, the file will be saved in the MY DOCUMENTS folder.

6.  In the APPLICATION SETTINGS section of the window, please select the DO NOT START ANY APPLICATION option.  

7. Once all settings have been selected, click the OK button at the bottom of the SETTINGS (DOCUMENT SCAN) window. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.

8. Click the DOCUMENT button. Scanning starts. Click the CANCEL button to cancel scanning if needed.   Once the scan is completed, scanned images are saved in the previously selected folder location specified in the SETTINGS... window.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Announcements