cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my MX922 to print? There is no button or setting for simple printing, just copying etc

Notahappycamper
Apprentice

I just bought a MX922. I am 68 years old. My other printer just printed. This one does anything BUT print. The screen never mentions printing, just faxing, copying, etc. During set up, I went to print a page it said to print, but when the print box came up, it says the printer is in "error mode".  My computer recognizes the printer, but I can't figure out where the error is. 

So...how do I print? 

4 REPLIES 4

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I am running Windows 10. After running the installation, when I tried to print a MSW document, it said the printer was in "error mode" and yet there was nothing showing up as an error when I went to the print cue and checked the status. It just wouldn't print. I couldn't find a phone number to call Customer Support. I just started clickeing around. After about an hour somehow I found a link to Customer Support that had a phone number. I called it and a nice young man helped me reinstall the driver...to no avail. Finally he asked me to turn the **bleep** thing off and restart the cmoputer. That fixed it.

It would be really nice if your installation instructions simply said to restart the computer after comjpleting installation.

That would have saved me hours and hours.

Now that **bleep** menu thing....the box showing pictures and the l-shaped bar of useless links...keeps showing up even though I took it off the start menu....makes my computer run slow....when it finally comes up, I turn it off and that helps...I have run all the maintenance stuff I can find for both the computer and the internet (Chrome) but it all runs slowly now...something happened when I installed the printer.

What a mess.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the causes of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem. Where do I see the answer?
Announcements