I have an MG 3220 and am using Canon Quick Menu v. 2.0. I see the 'Scan Settings' dialog where I can tell it where to save photos and documents. I would like it to ASK EVERY TIME I scan something. I do not want all of my scans to go into the same folder with the same default name.
Is there a way to scan a photo or document and have it NOT automatically save it without asking for a name and location?
To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
Thanks and have a great day!
To have the system prompt you to change the file name and save location after each scan, please follow these steps:
1. Open the IJ Scan Utility.
2. Click the SETTINGS button at the bottom of the window.
3. Select either the Photo Scan or Document Scan option from the left side of the window depending on what you will be scanning, then in the SAVE SETTINGS section, ensure that the CHECK SCAN RESULTS checkbox is checked.
4. Select any other desired settings in the window, then click the OK button to save the changes and return to the main IJ Scan Utility window.
5. Please click either the DOCUMENT or PHOTO button, depending on what you are trying to scan. Once the scan is completed, a window will appear where you can change the filename and select the save location. This should now happen every time that a scan is performed as long as you have the Check Scan Rsults checkbox selected in the Settings window.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.