cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! My new Pixma MX-920 is not printing

phiho99
Apprentice

I have been scanning the forum and it seems that there are some 920 owners out there that are having the same problems as I am but there seems to be no true resolutions to the problem.

Problem:  I want to print on plain paper from a PDF that is two pages worth.  The printer keeps giving me error code "1007" and saying that the upper tray is not loaded.  When I load the upper trade with photo paper (because that's where it's suppose to go).  The PDF is printing out on the upper tray using photo paper.  I just want my printer to print from the lower tray on plain paper.

Here are some information that you may need in order to assist me (please! this is urgent as I need to print this form out as it is due in 5 days time).

*I am using Mac OS 10.8.5

*Have checked and doubled checked every setting in the preference panes to match the plain 8x11 paper.  Specifically, the preferences in the Mac OS and in the printing menu when you click "print".

This is frustrating.  Please help.

18 REPLIES 18

Ebony
Rising Star

Hello phiho99,

Does this happen with every PDF that you try to print? Do you have the most recent drivers installed?  

For more urgent issues that require a faster response,  please contact our US-based technical support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am getting the same 1007 error.  This happens when I try to print from chrome.  I am only able to print if I save as pdf and then open the pdf.

I'm using:

canon 922

OSX 10.10.1

installed drivers: mcpd-mac-mx920-11_7_1_0-ea17_2, msd_-mac-mx920-19_1_0a-ea11

My paper size in the print dialog (under "more settings") was defaulted to 4x6. Resolved by setting it to "letter".

RaquelDukic
Apprentice

Hi

I am trying to print 4x6 on photo paper but it keeps saying load paper in upper tray Support code 1007. There is paper in there & when there is plain paper in there it will print, but when I put the photo paper in there it won't print & comes up with that error. What can I do - it's driving me crazy...

SallyJMiller
Apprentice

My Canon Pixma MX 920 printer will not print from lower tray the loaded 9x6 1/2 inch paper.  It says there is no paper in the upper tray.  When the upper tray is loaded it pull the photo paper not the lower tray paper.

Mommamel57
Apprentice
I have the opposite problem. I am trying to print from the upper tray and it keeps printing it from the lower tray.

Hello.

Please check the settings before printing.  The printer will feed from the lower cassette when A4 or Letter sizes have been specified.  If a smaller size is chosen, the unit will feed from the upper cassette.  Check to make sure that the correct paper size has been specified in your software before printing.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jbluchina
Apprentice

Trying to print as I always have from my ipad and iphone and get the support code 1007. Dont know where to change settings to regular size paper so it will print from lower tray. It has always gone to the lower tray without difficulty. Same problem as others. We use wifi 

Hi jbluchina,

Are you printing using the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app or are you using AirPrint?

Announcements