cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greyscale printing issue

KillerX21
Apprentice

There seems to be a problem with my printer. I am trying to return an item to amazon and i need to use my printer to print out the return lable. A while ago i ran out of color ink but i didnt think that was a problem because i still had a large black ink cartridge that has not been used at all. Today i am attempting to print out a return lable from amazon and the printer refuses to print without using color. Ive read other forums and they say to print using plain paper which i am using. Other forums say not to use bordless mode but i am not using that. Is there anything else i can do to print using only black ink. I noticed that even though i choose grey scale my printer tells me i cannot print because i am missing cyan ink but i chose greyscale so why does it need cyan at all? Please someone help me.

5 REPLIES 5

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer and operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I am using a canon MG6300 printer. I am also on windows 10

KillerX21
Apprentice

Still waiting for help

Hi, KillerX21!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If any ink tank is empty or not installed, you would have to replace the ink before any printing can resume.  This is to prevent any possible drying or overheating of the nozzles.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements