cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G1220 won't handle 4x6 photo paper

BAB
Apprentice

Is there a way to get the G1220 to stop running 4x6 Canon photo paper through to the end without printing, then telling me the paper is jammed?  I do select 4x6, I do use Canon paper, I do try to load it correctly in various quantities but it still won't print.  It worked great with the old Epson 4x6 paper I used up.  Is there a curl to your 4x6 Pro Platinum photo paper or some other quality that makes it difficult to use?  Jesus, what a pain.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BAB
Apprentice

Yes, in fact I was able to print 4x6 images again just now by folding the paper "backwards" to eliminate a curvature that the 4x6 Pro Platinum acquires when sitting on a shelf inside its original box after some of the paper is removed for printing.  You might add this to the potential problems associated with Canon printers, namely that the paper feed sees a slightly curved 4x6 Pro Platinum paper sheet to be "jammed."  Problem solved, at least for myself. 

Cheers,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BAB,

Because this issue is hardware related, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat as your G1220 may require service. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below to log into your My Canon account:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Once logged in, click on your product and then the Get Service & Support button.

When that page loads, click on either the Phone Support button or the Chat Support button.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Please excuse my attitude, but I'm not going to any other place to receive an answer to this simple question.  This printer prints everything else very well except for 4x6.  And not always; at times it will print 4x6 quite nicely.  My question was, "Is there a reported problem with your 4x6 Pro Platinum photo paper."  If so, please say so.  If not, I'll fix the issue myself, perhaps by buying a package of Epson 4x6 paper, which seemed to work more often with with the G1220.  Which printer, by the way, I find to be just what I needed, especially since it doesn't include a copier, which I don't need as I already have one.  I suggest you not stop making printers without add-ons.

Thank you,

BAB
Apprentice

Yes, in fact I was able to print 4x6 images again just now by folding the paper "backwards" to eliminate a curvature that the 4x6 Pro Platinum acquires when sitting on a shelf inside its original box after some of the paper is removed for printing.  You might add this to the potential problems associated with Canon printers, namely that the paper feed sees a slightly curved 4x6 Pro Platinum paper sheet to be "jammed."  Problem solved, at least for myself. 

Cheers,

Announcements