cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark Prints

CAG
Apprentice

I just bought a Selphy C1200 but my pictures are printing gray and dark, not the bright, vivid colors I see on my phone and computer.  I have an all in one Canon printer that prints the pictures bright and crisp, but I wanted the small portable printer.  Before I return this printer is there a setting or something I need to configure to get my pictures to print correctly?  I read the user guide and it states the color correction is on by default.  I really don't want to manually brighten my pictures everytime I print, that's not what I would expect from a photo printer. 

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi CAG,

It is difficult to compare photos from both printers, as they use different printing methods.  The PIXMA MG7120 is an inkjet printer, whereas the SELPHY is a dye-sublimination printer.  The results can look different because of this.

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, CAG!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (Windows or Mac OS X, and which version thereof), which operating system is running on your phone (Android or iOS, and which version thereof), and which apps you're printing from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

my computer is running Windows 10 OS and my phone is Andriod version 6.0.1.  I am usng the Canon PRINT Inkjet/Selphy app to print from my phone to the printer on a wireless connection.  From my computer I have tried printing from the Canon MG7100 series software that came wiht my Canon PIXMA MG7120 printer, that is the software I use when printing to the MG7120.  I have also tried printing directly from Windows image viewer to see if that made a difference.  The pictures I print on the MG7120 are much brighter and have clear color contrast, where the same pictures printed to my Selphy are darker and have more gray tones, muting the colors.  I don't do any type of filtering or color correction.

Thank you.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi CAG,

It is difficult to compare photos from both printers, as they use different printing methods.  The PIXMA MG7120 is an inkjet printer, whereas the SELPHY is a dye-sublimination printer.  The results can look different because of this.

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements