cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma mx432 not taking the paper

juntjoo
Contributor

rollers.jpg

It was when I first started using it as it is a used printer I just acquired, but then it started struggling asking for paper when it is already present so I tried cleaning the rubber rollers and even tried some double sided tape(on paper where the rollers contact) but to no avail. I'm using a stack of paper in the tray to. What is the fix and problem here? Thanks

[link replaced with image found at that link]

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Did it ever work trouble free?  About the only thng I could suggest is inspecting and cleaning the paper feed mechanism (which it sounds like you have done for the most part).  Have you tried a different brand of paper?

Pitfall.  Like used cars, this is what can happen when you buy a used printer.  Someone apprently got tired of the feeding issue and now their issue is likely yours.

If there is nothing obvious, broken or jammed, and the mechanism is clean and moving freely, service or replacement are you best options.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

juntjoo
Contributor
Well I got it recently used so it never worked trouble free for me. So that's it? Once the rubber rollers fail its done? Is it just the rubber itself? Nothing else at play here? If so I can somehow manage, I think, to get this rubber stickier like presumably it used to be. I was hoping this was more a common issue with a common solution. I do see people cleaning the rollers a lot with and without success. Seems silly this machine could just fail based on these little parts. Or they should at least make them easy to replace.
Announcements