cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma TS9521C problems printing from two computers

atk511
Apprentice

I bought a new Pixma TS9521C wireless computer on May 28 and set it up in our home office with no problem.  It connected to our wireless network just fine.  I then downloaded and installed the printer driver/software from Canon's site on my laptop and it connected and printed with no problem.  I then did the same with my husband's laptop in the same office and printed from it just fine.

Now, a month later, our printer always says 'printer offline' when we print, but from my computer, even though I get the printer offline message, it prints.  Nothing will print from my husband's computer when it says printer offine.

I can watch the wireless signal on the printer screen go from x to connected - and I can print...even though it says it is offline.  But why won't my husband's print when it DID connect and print just fine when I set it up?  I've tried uninstaling and reinstalling the software on his computer and it works fine until I print something from mine - and then his goes back to printer offline and nothing happening.

I'd appreciate any help troubleshooting this because we both need to print rather than sending everything via email to my computer to print!  And I'd like the computers to recognize the printer is NOT offline if it is printing!

Thanks.  Ann

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following adjustment on the printer:

1.  Go to the Home menu or press the Home button.
2.  Select the Setup icon.  This icon looks like a gear.
3.  Select Settings.
4.  Select Device Settings.
5.  Select LAN Settings.
6.  Select Wi-Fi.
7.  Select Settings.
8.  Select Advanced.
9.  Select TCP/IP settings.
10. Select IPv6.
11. If a Yes/No message appears, choose Yes.
10. Select Enable/disable IPv6.
11. Select Disable.
13. Use the "Back" button to return to the "Advanced Setup" menu.  The "Back" button looks like an arrow doing a u-turn.
14. Select WSD setting.
15. Select Enable/disable WSD.
16. Select Disable.
17. Return to the Home menu.

18. Turn the printer off and back on.

Once this has been done, you will need to uninstall and then reinstall the TS9500 drivers on your Windows computers.   Perform the following:

1.  Right-click the Windows "Start" button which is usually on the lower left corner of your computer.  Then choose "Run".
2.  In the Run window, type "control panel" without the quotes, then click OK.
3.  Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
4.  Uninstall the TS9500 MP Drivers if these are listed.  If these are not listed, move on to the next step.
5.  Go back to the Control Panel.
6.  Open Devices and Printers.
7.  Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.

Once this has been done, visit THIS LINK to download and reinstall the latest MP Drivers for the printer.  This needs to be done on each of your coputers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi atk511,

On your PIXMA TS9521C, please perform the following:

1.  Tap the Wi-Fi icon in the lower left hand corner of the display.

2.  On the LAN settings screen, please tap Wi-Fi.

3.  Scroll down the list to Signal Strength.  It is the 4th one in this list.

What is the number to the right of Signal Strength?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our Technical Support Team:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It says signal strength is 64.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following adjustment on the printer:

1.  Go to the Home menu or press the Home button.
2.  Select the Setup icon.  This icon looks like a gear.
3.  Select Settings.
4.  Select Device Settings.
5.  Select LAN Settings.
6.  Select Wi-Fi.
7.  Select Settings.
8.  Select Advanced.
9.  Select TCP/IP settings.
10. Select IPv6.
11. If a Yes/No message appears, choose Yes.
10. Select Enable/disable IPv6.
11. Select Disable.
13. Use the "Back" button to return to the "Advanced Setup" menu.  The "Back" button looks like an arrow doing a u-turn.
14. Select WSD setting.
15. Select Enable/disable WSD.
16. Select Disable.
17. Return to the Home menu.

18. Turn the printer off and back on.

Once this has been done, you will need to uninstall and then reinstall the TS9500 drivers on your Windows computers.   Perform the following:

1.  Right-click the Windows "Start" button which is usually on the lower left corner of your computer.  Then choose "Run".
2.  In the Run window, type "control panel" without the quotes, then click OK.
3.  Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
4.  Uninstall the TS9500 MP Drivers if these are listed.  If these are not listed, move on to the next step.
5.  Go back to the Control Panel.
6.  Open Devices and Printers.
7.  Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.

Once this has been done, visit THIS LINK to download and reinstall the latest MP Drivers for the printer.  This needs to be done on each of your coputers.

Thank you so much, Michael!  This fixed everything.  Really appreciate the clear instuctions.

Announcements