cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX490 same error code, 2 printers. 6910

candrade
Apprentice

I have 2 printers, purchased at the same time, using in 2 homes.  One stopped working and gave me a 6910 error code.  Code says service needed.  After trying to factory reset, reinstall drivers, etc.  It would not let me do anything and am at square one with same error code.  Brought 2nd machine from one location to current location, thinking it would just allow installation and i am completely shocked to see same error code on 2nd machine.  2nd machine has hardly been used.  Is there such a thing as being completely outdated and unable to use.  Machine is still in great shape and hardly used.  Ink is still sold so I'm thinking I should be able to get it going but am at a loss as to what to do next........will not allow me to do anything, have tried several times unplugging, etc.  1st one went to the dump, is that the fate for the 2nd as well.  Anyone, please advise.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements