cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma IP110 problems that shouldn't be happening

MDCjazzguy
Apprentice

I just bought this thing a few months ago in the Fall of 2020 and already I'm having issues with it. Trying to get my computer, a Windows 10 PC, to recognize the printer so I can add it to the network. I have tried using the setup CD that comes with the printer to add it to the network / add to my computer, and I keep getting an error message at the end of setup. "failed to recognize" basically. This printer was working perfectly fine until right around thanksgiving I'm not sure what happened but I cannot print anything now.

The WiFi lamp is lit, the power lamp is on, I don't use a USB cable since I don't have the proper type, and this printer continues to be completely useless. I follow the instructions given in the setup on the CD-ROM, the operation fails every time.

I have also tried contacting Canon support via phone and I get put on hold for like half an hour with zero human contact while I'm forced to listen to the terrible on-hold music. Some actual assistance would be appreciated. I have only had this one for a few months and it shouldn't be acting this way.

just tried setting up from the latest driver download. It tells me to connect to a network broadcasted from the printer, then I'm supposed to enter the serial number as a password. I tried it 3 times in a row and it doesn't recognize IT'S OWN SERIAL NUMBER?? I'm never going to buy another Canon product again after I get this straightened out

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We can certainly try and help with the printer.  Below are helpful videos for wireless connection.

Support | iP Series | PIXMA iP110 | Canon USA

For Drivers, I recommend using the latest from Canon's Support portal for your product.

Support | iP Series | PIXMA iP110 | Canon USA

Uisng drivers shipped with an included CDROM might be old or outdated.  I'd avoid using this.

Note:  It might be best for you to start over.  This means downloading the correct driver for your OS from Canon's Support Portal.  Save this to your desktop.  Now remove the peinter from your system and uninstall any drivers or software.  Restart your system and perform set up again using the drivers your downloaded.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I already did this. I used the driver download from the support site, without the CD ROM. The link you just gave me is also broken.

Like I said, the printer would not even recognize its own serial number when I was asked to use it as a password during setup. Can someone explain to me why a Canon product would tell me it's own serial number is "incorrect"? I know for a fact I didn't type it in wrong. I did it 3 times.

Announcements