cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Paper Plus Glossy II PP-301 - poor colors

bento2
Enthusiast

Since Canon changed from PP-201to PP-301 the colors on my prints have a muddy, magenta cast.

Printer is Canon MG7160 and prints fine on my remaining stocks of PP-201.

It's the PP-301 which is causing the problem.

I am printing from LR6.6 with Canon GL2 selected in 'profile' and driver matching OFF in printer properties.

Any Ideas as to what Canon has changed in the paper coating? And how do I correct??

1 REPLY 1

HalLeonard
Contributor

You didn't cover this directly in your question, but I'm assuming given the sophistication of the question that yes, you have calibrated this monitor recently, and yes, you've recently tried one or more other papers besides PP-301 and PP-201 and don't have this issue with other papers. If either answer is no, there are other variables not controlled for besides an issue with PP-301 or its profile.

That said, I just got a Canon TS9202, and I had, not muddy prints, but yes, definitely a magenta cast using LR6 Print module's Color Management set to Canon's color profile for the PP-301 and this printer. The magenta cast really stumped me for a few hours, because my previous Canon printer definitely did better using the correct Canon paper profile for color management than setting LR to manage color in print module to "Managed by Printer."

But just to see what would happen, I tried setting, LR's Print module Color Management to "Managed by Printer," not the paper profile, and the magenta was gone. The PP-301 was a perfect match to the screen in LR. Worth a shot for you too if you haven't tried that already. Maybe Canon's profile is off for this paper, rather than an issue with the paper itself.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements