cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 started rebooting by itself several times a day

archon810
Apprentice

My Canon MX922 has been working very well for the past several years, yet recently it started rebooting by itself. I think it hangs and then ends up restarting.

Here's how I find it most of the time.

IMG_20180713_192439.jpg

I did a full reset and left it alone for a few days. No restarts.

As soon as I hooked it up to the network, boom - several hours later it restarted.

Any ideas?

My network consists of a UniFi router and 4 UniFi AC HD APs. The printer is wired with a network cable.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Three common scenarios for this situation.  A failed FW update, failing power supply or the unit was subjected to a extreme power fluctuation.

Failed FW update:

The printer or you applies a FW update.  The file fails to load properly or fully update.  FW is corrupt.  Might power on, but eventually the fault causes the system to restart or (loop).

Failing Power Supply:

Behavior: Printer runs normally, power supply is weak or failing, when it can't supply stable nominal power, the device restarts.

Power fluctuation:

Printer is subject to any of the following.  Power surge, power dip (brownout), power going off/on during storm, etc.  Electrical devices don't like these phenomenons.  A surge protector or better yet, A UPS with AVR offers the best protection against these types of power fluctuations.  Doesn't guarantee it won’t happen, but certainly helps.   

A reset should clear any errors, but may not resolve corrupt FW.  You can try setting a static IP and see if this helps, but if the device restarts when attempting to get a DHCP IP address from your network, the problem is likely more serious.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements