cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX470 Won't Scan to Computer

realserendipity
Apprentice

My printer will no longer scan to my computer. It only offers the option of saving to local USB and it does not have a USB port. The printer is hard wired to the computer and has never had an internet connection. Please help me fix this. IM using Windows 7 Ultimate.

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

When scanning from the operator panel to your Windows 7 computer, use the Local (USB) option.  This will send the scan through the USB connection to your computer.

You can also scan using the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

realserendipity
Apprentice
It will now only scan with the utility thru the computer which is inconvenient. Its the second Canon product that stopped working the way it was designed to within a year of purchase and now has to be limped along. I'm a very unhappy customer.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

realserendipity
Apprentice
I called. They couldn't fix it and only offered the work around.
Announcements