I am operating on windows 10 on two laptops. On my oldest one, I was always able to scan with no problem, and now it has stopped. The message error I get is that it cannot communicate. Everything is properly connected. It does stay scanner is turned off. How do I open it, or fix this problem? On my new computer, I download everything I needed, but on this computer there is no option to scan. It's shadow out??? HELP Please. Thank you Love canon, but these problems cost me many hours trying to figure it out, and I'm no computer expert, just basic knowledge.
So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly what kind of connection you're using between your printer and each of your laptops, specifically whether you're using Wi-Fi, USB, or Ethernet. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF
Thanks and have a great day!
I am using a usb cable connection right now, I don't dare trt the wireless until I can get this one fixed. This goes for both computers. Both operate on Window 10. I did mange to find the IJUltily to scan that way on my old, but if I go through the garden, like I always did, I get the error message
Reinstalling the driver of your PIXMA MG7120 should resolve this issue. To perform the uninstall, please disconnect the USB cable from your PIXMA MG7120 and then follow these steps:
1. Click on the Windows Start Menu button and then the Windows System folder.
2. Click on Control Panel.
3. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Click on the Canon MG7100 MP Driver and then click Uninstall at the top.
5. Follow the prompts to uninstall the driver.
6. Restart the computer once complete.
To reinstall your PIXMA MG7120, please follow these steps when your computer restarts:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. Type PIXMA MG7120 in the "enter a model" box and click GO.
3. In the Drivers & Downloads section, please click the Select button next to "MG7100 series MP Drivers".
4. Click the Download button.
5. If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.
6. Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.
7. Double click the file that was downloaded, [mp68-win-mg7100-1_01-ejs.exe].
Follow the prompts to reinstall your PIXMA MG7120.
Once reinstalled, please attempt to scan.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: